1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f350 6.5' bed replacement

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by snowish10, Dec 4, 2012.

1. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

My f350 is rusting, it doesn't need to be replaced now, but I would like to find out were i can get a good but cheap 6.5' bed for a 2001 f350. I looked on ebay but there way to much.

Any ideas where i can buy one?!?!?!?!?

2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

3. snowish10

is that what they usually go for now a days

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  4. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Is it a regular bed or flatbed your looking at?

I vote turning it into a flatbed.

5. snowish10

regular pickup bed, i dont need a flat bed.

6. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

i have seen clean bed range from $900 to $7,000 depending on location around he country.
    short beds are harder to find, so you usually have to jump when you do find one.

7. Marek

Marek Senior Member

I looked for a long time till we found a clean one . Got it for 600 but it was 3 hrs away. If I had to do it all over again I would have just put a flatbed on it. Once you get it you still have to paint it. Shortbed beds are a somewhat rare find

8. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

if u go to the local junk yard they can do a search for u even get it for u

9. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

The short box beds are tough to find..at least around here. I just replaced the bed on my 2003 and it took me about six months to locate one that wasnt 1000 miles away, way overpriced, or completley rusted. Good luck!

10. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i may sell mine if i find a service body or nice flat bed but i am far from u

11. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

You can go where they sell Flatbeds and most of time they will have take off factory beds or they may know where you can find one

12. snowish10

Well its still okay now, Im just going to wait until its totally rusted out. But thanks!

13. snowish10

Thanks ill try that!

14. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

Good Luck!! I wnet threw the same thing trying to find one this spring for my truck! I gave up serching when i found this for a steal!! Now I dont ever have to worry about rust again! It is a fiberglass service body.

1026120942b.jpg