1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by atvriderinmass, Nov 16, 2011.

1. atvriderinmass

atvriderinmass Senior Member

Hey guys, I'm looking to trade my truck in for something a little bigger. I found a 2004 f350 xlt with a 5.4 gasser.It has 70,000 on it and has a curtis plow setup on it. No head gear. Is the 5.4 a good engine? Anything i should look for? How are Curtis plows? Sorry for all the questions but i just dont want to make a mistake. Thanks
  2. Tbrothers

Tbrothers Senior Member

I had 5.4 in a f150 that was great. only problem i had was i lost spark plug at about 30,000 miles. basic maintence was all i did to that pick up. not sure how it would be in a 350 but i would guess they would have it geared for the truck.
  3. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

In 2005 they went to the 3 Valve 5.4, which woke it up a hell of a lot, the numbers added were 70 ft lbs and and 40 Horsepower,,,prior to that, they were really a dog.

I owned an 05 F350 single wheel, and for plowing it had all the power you want in the RPM ranges you wanted it. Highway towing of heavy trailer it really sucked, and they are pretty much inline with the V10 for fuel consumption.