1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f350 4x4?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Morrissey snow removal, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

in my 2003 f350 it has auto looking hubs with the hubs in auto and in 2wd u should be able to spin the front driveshaft by hand correct? thanks for the help

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Yes Think if you cant one of the hubs are bad
    been so long ago I replace my auto hubs to warner lock outs

3. Morrissey snow removal

yea i cant i must have a bad hub

4. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Don't bother replacing it with one of the auto ones again it won't last long. They develop a rust ridge and they won't hold vacum for any length of time. Just use them manually or replace them with manual hubs. Has issues with them on my 08 F-350 and gave up trying to get them to seal any longer.

5. Morrissey snow removal

sometimes i can go under and spin the shaft and sometimes i cant i am guessing they are going bad and it sounds like they are locked all the time when i am driving

6. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

Yes it sounds like you have a bad hub, I was having the same problem and after it happened twice I smarted up and bought a set of Warn hubs. Of course I blew a warn hub after 2 years but you can buy a set of warn hubs for the price you can buy one ford auto hub.

7. Malibu496

Malibu496 Junior Member

You might have a vacuum issue that is not unlocking the hubs when taking it out of 4x4

8. Morrissey snow removal

the truck still has some warrenty left so i am going ro let ford fix it put new hubs in them when i get it back im going to put warn hubs in it

9. drp

drp Senior Member
    from ontario

05 up, there is no aftermarket replacements at this time.

10. Morrissey snow removal