1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F250HD Ext Cab PS with 810 Bliz ... Do you have?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Caneplow, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Caneplow

Caneplow Senior Member

I asked a simlar question on the Chevy board about anyone with a simlar configuration.

I want to know if you have this setup. I am down to the Ford/Chevy but I know I want the Blizzard. This is my everyday truck so I can't go much bigger and I want to make sure I am making the right choice to invest 40k into.

I know these questions have been asked all over the place but I just can't seem to find someonet that has it and is willing to talk too me.

I want a 250SD/2500HD ext cab; short bed, PS/Dura and the 810.
  2. 810F250

810F250 Junior Member

Sorry Caneplow,
    But sounds like a great set up.
    As my user name 810F250 suggests, I have a Blizzard 810 (1) season use {It's the best plow for my needs on the market}and a 2004 F250 CC LB SWR FX4 5.4L Auto. with load boosters front and rear. Some concerns you may have with your setup is the GAWR, if you intend to employ a large salt spreader. I think the problem that 2003/4 diesel Fords had with your similar config. is the alternator amps (increased for '05),fan clutch, and spring/axle loads even with snowplow prep package---> (for and 810). A snow plow was not recommended for the diesels short box extended cabs F250's but approved for the F350 with same config.

Fords with similar configs as yours:
    FORD Total "under carriage/plow", max weights (lbs)

03 F350 100/680
    04 F350 100/680
    05 F250/350 125/900 Ford does it again :salute:

You will love the 810, this year i switched to urethane edges. and will employ a snowex 8000 with optimum flow kit.
    Good luck
  3. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

The front end of a deisel power P/U is heavy to begin with and plow can make it worse and it is more than just a spring thing. Sad but true. Look at GAWR plate on truck and drive it on a scale and see how much front end weighs before you add a plow. Take plow weight times 150% or so and that will give you a ballpark figure on what your front axle weight will be with a plow on it.
  4. Snow Encrusted

Snow Encrusted Member

ford trucks

i run a f 250 6.0 psd with a boss 8'2" v plow,i blast through snow like theres no tomrrow.i had no problems with it and would recomend it
  5. wls

wls Senior Member

I have a 2002 F-250 P/S, with Blizzard 810, works great. I do have Timbrens on the front.