1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f250 wiring harness: Can i use a 2005 wiring harness for my curtis plow on my 2000 ?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by winnerscircle, Dec 22, 2012.

1. winnerscircle

winnerscircle Junior Member
    from OH

Pretty clueless about electrical stuff, so please help. I need to get my "real" plow setup b4 next snowfall...The mount that I bought with this curtis sno pro 3000 doesnt fit and needs welded...now I need more wiring than we took off from the seller. I saw ebay ad for a complete wiring harness from a 2005 f250. Will this or parts of it work for my 2000 f250?
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

if the headlights are the same,,i would say sure,,,,now as far as welding on the mount,,,why would you wanna do that????
  3. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

Wiring harness for 2005 should be (99% certain) the same as a 2000 f250 as long as it doesn't have the sealed beam xl style truck lights. Other than that it should be a two plug curtis setup. One plug power and ground and one(bigger) plug for everything else. The mount may need only minor modification as I believe 05 superduty is a coil spring setup and the 2000 is a leaf spring setup. Mostly it should only need new holes drilled to match up.

Curtis harnesses are pretty self explanatory...plow wiring doesn't get much simpler than a Curtis setup.
  4. winnerscircle

winnerscircle Junior Member
    from OH

Yes! I see now, Mine has the leaf springs, and the light plugs seem the same. Thanks again guys for your help. I'm definitely more of the beautiful garden and manicure your lawn type gal than wiring up and mounting type...ha ha! Merry Christmas !!!