1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F250 w/ BOSS-V or Jeep w/ Snoway-22?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by BRENTMAN, Dec 7, 2008.

1. BRENTMAN

BRENTMAN Senior Member

I was going to put a Snoway-22 on my '06 wrangler, but the ford dealer by my house has an F250 with a BOSS-V on it, all in good shape.....do you guys think i should look into trading my jeep in for the truck, or should i just put a snoway on my jeep as planned???
    Decisions, decisions.........
    I planned on doing mostly residential, and a few small lots with my wrangler, which would be perfect for it......and i'm sure by now it would be impossible to find any commercial contracts if i got the F250....which probably wouldnt be too hot for residential.....I'm totally on the fence on this one.
    Perhaps i should put the snoway on my wrangler, which will add to the value of it, do my resi's this season, and sell it next season for a larger truck/plow???
    What do you guys think?
    -if only i was a rich man-

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I use an F-250 CC and it is fine on drives. Some are a little tight tho. I would go for the truck especially if you take on some commercials next year.. The V is a great time saver.

3. Gix1k4

Gix1k4 Senior Member

I also have a F250 crew, and use it for resi drives with 8' straight blade. The only time i have to be really careful is in the older core section of my city, the drives are extremely narrow. I'd go with the 250.

4. BRENTMAN

BRENTMAN Senior Member

man its seriously like a 50/50 at this point....leaning a little more towards the jeep due to the fact i havnt gotten a good look at the f250, they were closed today....i'm sure i'll have a better idea of what i'm going to do after tomorrow..thanks for the input guys i'm keeping it all in mind