1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F250 w/ 8' Fisher 79k Mi -$2,350

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by MacDIESEL.NH, Sep 26, 2011.

MacDIESEL.NH Junior Member

'85 F250 with 351 4x4 and automatic. 79k original miles. Previous owner replaced doors, fenders and re-did the cab (could use a little bit of body work) and it's been a New England truck for 25 years. Engine was also rebuilt by previous owner. Engine has Edlebrock performance intake, Ford Racing valve covers and replaced oil pan. In the past year I have replaced the brake master cylinder, front brake calipers, brake hoses, and brake lines (needs to be bled a bit better than the girlfriend and I did, lol.) I replaced a hydraulic hose for the plow as well. In February I replaced the transfercase, front driveshaft and U-joint. The trans does not slip (even in reverse!) This past month I have replaced the cap/rotor, brand new Mastercraft starter solenoid and fuel filter along with the left rear shock mount and shock. Perfect truck for driveways or firewood hauling. Comes with 33" tires with great tread mounted on aluminum mags (longer lug nuts or wheel spacers needed for rear offset.)
    Great truck to plow your long driveway with and haul firewood!

Needs some carb work. Sometimes has trouble idling unless you're giving it constant throttle. Could be due to fuel sitting this summer. I don't believe the carb needs to be rebuilt, but worst case scenario is you'll be doing just that. I have no more time to work on this and own two other trucks. $2,350 or best offer. Probably one of the better deals out there if you are looking for a plow truck as I see many 'yard trucks' needing engines and transmissions which are priced similar to this. It's the ideal homeowner truck and not intimidating at all to wrench on.
    Located in Hampstead, NH 03841 $2,350 or best offer
    Email MacDIESEL.NH@hotmail.coml or call/text 978 809 2612

MacDIESEL.NH Junior Member

Interior shot.