1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F250 truck and plow for sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by IHI, Dec 11, 2011.

1. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

I'm just going to link my craigslist ad since there's too much to retype:

click here

any questions, PM me/email me through the ad, or call.

2. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

just renewing/ ttt
  3. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

just renewing/ ttt
  4. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Ever heard of "copy and paste"?

FIRST OFF- no trades, no paypal
    Also truck and plow will NOT be seperated, if you want to remove plow and sell, that's fine, but I will not. the plow stays on the truck and sells with the truck.

Got out of snow removal business, so I no longer need this truck. I purchased this truck years ago just to have as a back up in case my main truck went down or we got a big storm. Once in a great while we would use it in my construction business to take guys to jobsites/tow a trailer/haul material etc....but 99% of the times it's sat idle.

Since i've owned it, I had a shop install a brand new Jasper crate engine. While the engine was out, i had the transmission rebuilt/gone through since everything was torn down already, so drivetrain wise it's literally a brand new truck with only 5000 miles on brand new engine and rebuilt transmission. I also removed the original vinyl bench seat in front and ext cab, and installed cloth 60/40 captain chairs and matching cloth seat in rear. Truck has the vinyl floor. List of all the goodies below, and with any of my trucks/tools, I always had a shop do the work, and always had anything replaced that needed to be removed to fix original problem, it's been very well taken care of and only reason I'm selling is because I do not need it.

93 F250 extended cab 4x4
    NEW 460cid EFI crate engine with 5000 miles on it, new water pump, belt, plugs, wires, cap rotor, new 200amp alternator, new timing chain/front engine cover (original one had a small crack). All new exhaust manifold studs/dounuts.
    E4OD transmission has been rebuilt and also has 5000miles on it, shifts exactly as it should obviously
    no leaks in either engine or tranny, and no oil burning....just stating that even thought it's all new as i'm sure somebody will ask

Tires-brand new, maybe 50 miles on them
    Brakes- brand new, maybe 200miles on them
    Front/Rear/transfer case fluids were all drained in 2008 and I had synthetic fluid put in them

PS, PB, PW, tilt cruise, A/C

Cruise control quit working 4 years ago, I never looked into fixing it since it sat most of the time, you can read around on internet to see what it'd take.
    A/C blew ice cold before original engine blew up, When the new engine was installed I told them just put some oil in the lines/compressor because I did'nt want to pay to have them retro fit for the new 134A...but if this truck will be your daily driver, everything is there, no leaks...will just need to have retro fit done and charge with new freon.

Western 8'6" Pro unimount straight blade. I just put new fluid throughout entire system today so you should be good to go. Everything works as it should. 2 yrs ago plow stopped working, took it to C&C Welding for repair, they installed and charged me $996.00 for a new valve body...the brains of the hydraulics I was told..was'nt happy, but it was worthless not working. Plow also comes with removable "turkey wings". They are removable side plates that turn the plow into a box plow, they are designed to ride up in the brackets when the plow trips. This was easily the best $600 I ever spent, it easily made plowing almost 50% more effeicent since no snow trails off the edges. If you dont want to use them, lift them out of brackets on plow and throw them in back of truck, but once you use them, you will be amazed....my V plow on my F350 is a joke when compared to how much and how quickly you can remove snow with the straight blade and the turkey wings/box ends.

Obviously I'm losing my butt on this, but the truck is solid and ready for somebody that needs a reliable daily driver or a company looking to add an additional truck to the fleet for daily use or back up. You will not be disappointed and I'm going to be relatively firm on the $5500.00 price but will consider "serious" offers. New engine/tranny/vlave body on plow = that price alone.

You can call and leave message, I will return it as quickly as possible or contact me via email
    3 one 9 two 3 nine 4 three 4 one

Tag that came with crate engine, I wrote miles on truck itself on the right, 138,XXX
    http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm286/iowahome/Things for sale/IMG_2857.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm286/iowahome/Things for sale/IMG_2854.jpg
    http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm286/iowahome/Things for sale/IMG_2853.jpg

Truck exterior:
    http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm286/iowahome/Things for sale/IMG_2852.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm286/iowahome/Things for sale/IMG_2850.jpg

driver side
    http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm286/iowahome/Things for sale/IMG_2849.jpg

passenger side
    http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm286/iowahome/Things for sale/IMG_2851.jpg

Dash panel with truck running:
    http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm286/iowahome/Things for sale/IMG_2855.jpg
  5. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

take to top
  6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Nice truck. You have that much in engine and tranny replacements. (Asking Price)
  7. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

exactly, but i realize most folks will see 93 and think old junk, and i've always lost my azz since i try to keep and make sure everything i have and eventually sell will last for the new owner; just for the simple fact that's how i was raised, and i've been burnt myself from internet jerks that dont tell you everything about the product your buying until you spend thousands to get it running like it shoulda been in the first place.

I know this year is bad for the plowing community, just hoping somebody out there needs a solid daily driver or a company needs/wants a solid reliable fleet addition of back up. Now that I'm punching a time clock, I simply have no further use for anything work related...had the intentions of possibly doing some construction side jobs, and retain some plowing accounts, but after 16yrs of plowing, I quit telling myself it was worth the risk doing it part time and all the headache that comes with it (watching the radar, trying to line up guys and subs when a storm does hit, overhead of stock piling sand/salt and salt).

Wish it'd snow a bunch for all the guys relying on it that do a per push basis, but honestly now that this is my first winter out of the game, I'm loving this warm weather and would'nt bother me a bit if we did'nt see a lick of snow.....but i KNOW if I was still on my own, I'd be stressing like a mofo since the plowing was what allowed me and the guys to take the winters off of construction. Anybody sitting on a bankroll come spring will hit paydirt with all the typical 9-5 idiots that went and bought new trucks and plows hoping to hit pay dirt cutting everybody's throat....which makes me happy since low ballers are essentially what force me to shut down my business, trying to run a legit biz in a world of lowballers and customers that could'nt give two chits about what they get in product service....you guys know the drill...:(
  8. MickiRig1

I feel for you. I have reached the point where I really don't care if it snows all the time.
    You can tell the truck is pretty much clean. I see no rust stains or discolorations. The two big pieces of the truck have been replaced. ( engine / Trans ) How's the under side look? Being that old, people worry about brake lines, frame and mounts.
  9. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

Under side is typical for a midwest truck. I've never messed with the exhaust and it still looks great actually. I had to replace the rear spring hangers yrs ago due to typical rot I later found out was typical due to design. Brake lines under the truck from prop valve back have been replaced 3 yrs ago, was at a lot and the pedal dropped to the floor, took it in and told a friend that ran the shop to just replace the entire thing from prop valve back since it's probably be just as easy/cheap as a hack azzed repair/splice jobbie.

I originally bought the truck from a guy down in southern IA just to have an additional company truck, found a plow in chicago a few weeks later and drove this truck there to get it. Hooked that all up and it sat, did notice when somebody would borrow it (mainly family) it'd have an oil spot on the ground, but I could never pin point it...later ended up finding out stock front engine cover had a hairline crack, so i had that replaced... months later we were taking the plows/sanders out to BIL's farm for summer storage, my brother called and I could hear the thing knocking like mad....eventually lost 1 rod cap and 2 main caps were loose, but it was enough to cuase residual damage. Had new engine ordered/tranny gone through since the inside/outside of the truck were in such good shape, dropping that money at the time seemed well worth it in the big picture.

Now punching a clock I have no need for this, my cube van, or a slug of tools...just need to find a place to put stuff while it waits to sell LOL
  10. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Too bad you didnt have this for sale in Oct. when I bought my 02 F250.
  11. MickiRig1

Send a PM to: Plow / Truck
    Home Owners association in New Mexico was looking for a cheap plow truck.
    See in Ford Forum : Poor old plow truck no one wants it / or something like that.
    Might be able to make such a deal on it. Meet half way or something?