1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F250 to Excursion

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by gotsnow?, Jan 13, 2009.

1. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

I've been looking into getting an Excursion and getting rid of my F250... Are the fronts of these the same as far as frame?? Between the 99-03 F250 and the 99-03 Excursion are there any differances? Basically will my Western Unimount truck side mount mount right onto an Excursion of similar year?
    Thanks, David - got snow?

2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I would say yes they are the same chassis in front I think...

4. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

There are same spec as the f350 if you get 4x4 with v10 or powerstroke

5. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

Well that's good; I'd be getting a V10 4x4 and my mount if for 99-03 F250/F350.

6. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

I believe they should be the same... My setup is from a F250......

7. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

Bluerage, How does the Excursion do pushing snow?? I believe the wheel base is about the same length as my xcab/long bed so I know turning is a problem (back tire tracks into unplowed snow). Have you had any problems plowing w/ the Excursion and do you use any balast?
    Thanks, David - got snow?

8. PlowboyVT

PlowboyVT Member
    from VT

I put a Fisher 8.5 HD on my 03' Excursion w/V10. It was an exact fit from my 01' 250 it came off of. New frame bolts was all that was needed. The Excursion has a 137" wheel base, same as reg cab long bed. Plows great and I can bring 7 friends.:dizzy::dizzy:. No, I use it in case my 1 ton is down.

9. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

Uh, No. They are the same as an extended cab short box 250 but with softer springs.

10. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

I haven't had any issues with the Excursion, my crews drive in other trucks and I plow with the Ex... Have never used a ballast, we get smaller amounts of snow... usually less than 4"'s but get about one 10" storm a year on average. My only concern was with the axle rating with the diesel. The rear tires do occasionally track over the unplowed areas. I also have an 8ft plow which helps...

11. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

The superduties and the excursion all have the same frame as far as mounting plows goes

12. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

Yepper. Took the system off my 00 X and put it on my 250. Just had to get a new adaptor for the headlights.

13. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

By the way my Ex is an 02, It's paid for and I still am in love with it. I would and could by a new truck...But there is nothing that comes close to this truck... I will keep this truck forever.

14. PlowboyVT

PlowboyVT Member
    from VT

Yup, made my last payment on my 03' X 4 months ago. No way would I git rid of it. My son's race motocross, it is a perfect MX trailer hauler. And, like I said it plow's great. I've got Cooper M+S's studded on it, it goes like a beast.

15. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Have any pics with the plow on PlowboyVT?