1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F250 Theft recovery/popped ignition

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by MatthewG, May 16, 2011.

1. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

I dont know if I will get much feedback on here, but im looking at buying a 2000 F250 theft recovery with a popped ignition, how pricey does that get to replace?

2. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Ignitions are cheap to replace. That year probably doesnt have the computer key. But the other problem is. Why would someone steal a 2000 f250? Be weary of that. Truck may have issues and owner just wanted insurance claim to get out of it.

3. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

If it's a theft recovery, there's going to be a lot more to replace than a $70 ignition tumbler... :rolleyes: No super duties had chipped keys until 08, and even then it was an option.

Why would someone steal an F250? Why not? Easy to steal, dependable, they blend in, and they can cram a crapload of immigrants or drugs into them! :dizzy:

4. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Sounds more like a repo than a theft recovery JMOThumbs Up

5. MatthewG

A quick picture, currently bid to $650 not a bad rig for under $1500 or so. MIleage reads 26,000 but who knows if its right again it is a PA salvage title-theft

copart.jpg

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  6. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Nice lookin rig good luck with the out come

7. MatthewG

Went and looked at the truck the day before the auction, no motor, no trans, which wasnt listed and copart usually does a good job with pictures and dcsription. Needless to say, on auction day the preliminary bid was $2850 and bidding didnt start yet, Its all online bidding but I didnt sit around at watch it get bid.

The winner was in for a surprise im sure

8. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

LOL. Now that you say no motor or trans, she does look a little high in the front for a 2wd... :eek:

9. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

lol thats too funny I love how people bid just to be winners and then get the shaft :laughing:

some guy bid 18k on a track dozer in an auction and he got so excited and minutes later he gets the keys and he cant start it and when he jumped it ran like crap he was pissed and kept saying oh well its mine now to his buddy loool