1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F250 TD --Front Shocks....What do you recommend??

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by HULK2184, Feb 8, 2011.

1. HULK2184

HULK2184 Member

I have a 95 f250 7.3 turbo diesel and am using a 8ft boss vee, looking for new shocks.. Looking for something HD so my front wont sag with the plow. Not sure where to really start but i thought maybe some input on what you have or had that worked well.. Thanks for your help

Chase

2. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

shocks wont help with sag. get air bags. an add a leaf will help too, but not recomended with the crap TTB dana 50 front end the F250 has.

3. HULK2184

HULK2184 Member

lol.... why are they junk, just out of curiosity.

4. baldplowguy

baldplowguy Junior Member

I have tried lots of shocks over time and never ever noticed a bit of difference in ride quality, handling or any of the other claims those companies make. That is until I tried Bilstein Shocks as some of the pros from this site recommended. Although my F250 will always ride like a truck (thank God!) the handling and responsiveness and overall ride quality in noticeably improved. They made a big noticeable difference! My only complaint is the color. They are an ugly yellow with a teal blue boot so they look kinda funny in the wheel well. I should have taken a can of black paint but didn't...

5. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Shocks absorb the motion of the spring. They do nothing to hold the vehicle up whatsoever. You need stronger springs for your application.

6. Toolin Customs

Toolin Customs Member
    from Md

The TTB front ends can be real mess with alot of weight up there. I changed a few to a Dana 60. best thing that I ever did . And a pretty easy swap. If you intend on keeping that truck for a while, Its something you owe to yourself to look into.