1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f250 superduty

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by FIREMAN Q, Aug 29, 2005.

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

I have a western 7'6". Has anyone had a problem using this size plow on the F259super duty. Someone had told me at full tilt the truck is wider. I'm hoping someone has a similar set up and is going to tell me the 7-6 will be ok but i don't think i'm gonna get that answer. any answers would be a great help. thanks
  2. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

is it a reg. cab?to me time is money,my one ton pickups have 9ft plows and my 3/4s have 8.5fters.7.5ft is ok for res. plowing but just to small for commercial use.i don't hire subs with 7.5ft plows.thats just me
  3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I would get a set of wings to make it wider. That would work.
  4. Snow-Kid

Snow-Kid Senior Member
    from nw ohio

I have a 2001 F-250 super-cab with a boss 7'6 straight blade with wings and it works great. Best of both worlds in my opinion. Nice to do parking lots but if you have tight areas like drives and loading docks just get out and take one or both of the wings off and go. Takes me about 30 seconds per side to take off if they are not frozen then a little longer.
  5. mook

mook Junior Member
    from Ohio

i've got an 02 with a 7.5' blade. at full tilt, the truck is wider, but rarely do i push at full tilt. we also have a ram 2500 with 8.5' plow on it, at full tilt with it raised, it scrapes. but i don't like driving without it at full tilt for clearance and lighting reasons.
  6. biggins

biggins Junior Member

Mine works fine. I have a Curtis 7.5 and at full tilt, it works fine. I plow commercial parking lots woth no problems. I'd go for the wings if you are plowing commercial, otherwise it's fine.

If I had the choice again, I'd go with a 8 or 8.5 but I bought my current plow for a F-150.
  7. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I have a Meyer 4 Spring Husky 7.5 on my F-250. It works great and I can get in most areas I do. I have a route of 5 drug stores, 2 credit unions and 2 rental centers. Wings would just make it more difficult to do these tight contracts. The wings would just end up riding in the truck bed most of the time.
  8. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

I too have an 04 F250 with a 7.5 Meyer Maxx. Anyways, I'm still pretty new at the game, but so far, I love the 7.5. I did some commercial p-lots (Topps, Giant Eagle, some offices, etc...) and didn't have any problems. I was able to maneuver thru some tight spots and still feel in control enough to get as close as possible to obstructions.

My main concern was not tearing up my neighbors side lawn near my house when I leave in the morning. So, I would just angle push my drive to the street and go and gradually lift my blade as I drove away.
  9. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Be cool with the drag it out to the street. I have a few cops try to catch me doing it. Just be aware of what the laws are where you operate.They will take the cheap $75 ticket when they can get it!!!