1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F250 Superduty and Fisher EZ-V work together?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Midwest, Dec 5, 2005.

1. My Buddy has a 04 Superduty with the V10, it has the 4800 lb front axle. On Fishers ematch it says it needs the 5200lb front axle to run an EZV plow. Will adding Timbrens rectify this problem or is it a bad idea to put this plow on this truck?:confused:
  2. 06FX4Blizzard

06FX4Blizzard Member
    from NE ohio

i talked to the ford guy about those axles. He told me if you do put a plow set up on the 4800 axle series it will void your warrenty also.
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Do you still even have a warranty with a 04? Maybe that axle rating is spring rating? Add X springs you maybe OK or Timbrens. Your going to have more wear and tear on it regardless of what spring rating you have. Ball joints,U-Joints,Shocks and tie rod ends are a fact of life when you plow snow with it.
    If you can wrench your own stuff it's not that rough to keep it in repair.
  4. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

mickrig is right, its the front spring ratings. 4800 was the base, 5200 is for the camper package, and 6000 is the plow prep springs, or x code. the axle itself is rated for 5200 lbs.