1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f250 speedwing

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by res201cue, Dec 21, 2010.

1. res201cue

res201cue Senior Member

Hi everyone

I have a 2005 f250 with the 5.4L engine that i wanted to outfit with a 8600sw plow and I had a few questions.
    first off my truck has a 4" lift but ill be running stock wheels and tires in the winter willl this create an issue or will I be ok?
    second I sohould be ok weight wise with the 8600 or do I need to go smaller?
    and finally I guess is whats everyones opinion on the speed wing plow and pros and cons I should know about?

Thanks in advance

2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Great choice. Weight will be fine so long as you run the required ballast. The lift will only be a problem if the mount is not dropped to accommodate, basically make sure you have a good installer.

3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I love my 860SW, most productive plow I've ever had , easy training curve from a straight blade. But ............ in Canada it is the most expensive plow to maintain I have ever owned.
    Specialty parts are not stocked or quickly accessed make sure you buy from or have access to a long standing dealerand know your way around a plow.

4. res201cue

res201cue Senior Member

thanks for the replys

5. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I am heading into my 4th season with a 4" lift on my 07 f-350. I use a 860 speedwing with no problems after I dropped the bracket. If you don't lower it the ends of the wings will wear real fast on the leading edge while the trailing edge will be off the ground. I use stock tires and wheels also in the winter. You are going to like the speedwing if that's the way you end up going. Mild lifts are fine for plowing ,I love sitting up a little higher while plowing !!!

Good luck , shaun

6. res201cue

res201cue Senior Member

thanks guys im going to meet with my dealer on monday after the holidays and all to see what we come up with.