1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F250 SD no turn signals

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Sirna, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Sirna

Sirna Junior Member

So yesterday morning, one of our plow drivers came back to my shop complaining about having no hazards, no turn signals, and no brake lights.

I replaced the aftermarket 2 wire flasher module with an OE style 5 pin flasher relay and got the hazards and brake lights to work.

I'm getting power at the turn signal fuse.

I replaced the multifunction switch in hopes it would fix the problem but it has not.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any ideas? I'm stumped.

The truck is a 2003 F250 SuperDuty 5.4

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

check your grounds is there power in and out of the fuse

3. Sirna

Sirna Junior Member

Grounds seem to be good (the ones I checked) and I'm getting power through the fuse.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ck pwr in and out of the multifunction.switch for the turn signals.

5. Sirna

Sirna Junior Member

Which terminals am I checking on the MF switch?

I'm assuming at this point it is a wiring problem, and I'm assuming it is where the plow lights have been tied into the truck lights.

6. dieselss

I don't have wiring diag with me but I can tell you tomr

7. Sirna

Sirna Junior Member

Can you scan and upload the wiring diagram for the 03? My boss is at his wits end on this truck, as I've been toying with it for a week now and it's supposed to snow again overnight.

8. dieselss

Not at home. So no book. I can take a pic and txt it to you.

9. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Did you use a ford switch?

It shouldn't have anything to do with the plow wiring they are just spliced in one wire each side

10. Sirna

Sirna Junior Member

I replaced a Napa EL12 2 pole electronic flasher with an OEM Bosche 5 pin flasher relay and replaced the MF switch with an OEM new one, which I later returned.

At first I had no brakes no hazards and no turn signals. Upon replacing the flasher with an oe relay I got hazards and brake lights back. But still no turn signals.

11. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I'll look at schematic tomorrow but 99% sire there's is nothing between mf switch and turn signals. Use a test light and check mf out put. Do high beams wipers etc work with switch?

12. Sirna

Sirna Junior Member

Yes. Everything on the MF switch works, with the exception of the turn signals.

I'm thinking now it's the wiring at the relay socket.

13. dieselss

Ok you have 3 fuses.
    27, 18, 34.
    Lb/pk powers the flasher also lg/rd powers the other side
    So going into multifunction switch
    Lb. And wh/rd are power coming out od the flasher and they "flash" the lights. LG is brake light power

14. Sirna

Sirna Junior Member

I will look at it tomorrow. I actually found out my copy of alldata has the wiring diagrams.

15. dieselss

Ok. Keep us updated