1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F250 Sd Eletronic Tranfer Case

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by PLOWMAN45, Oct 13, 2003.

1. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

im looking at a new 250 sd they only have them with that dial that you choose 2wd 4wd 4lo any one plow with this set up i like the lever better my self ?:help:
  2. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Yes, The Boss's truck is a 1999 F-250 Lariat with an 8' Fisher MM. It works just fine.
  3. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

Its an option if your going to order one, mut most have the dial,(mine does also), you can manually lock them also on the hub.:waving:
  4. Manx

Manx Senior Member

This truck has the dial
    It's really nice at times and I've had no problems at all
  5. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

It electronically shifts the transfer case AND uses Vacum to activate the hubs. Repeatedly people have had problems if they don't occasionally manually turn their hubs to keep the free.

Secondly the vacum system has had its problems too (not as much as the hubs though). In constant off-roading (I have a friend who has 4 miles of offroad to his house) the vacum line gets torn/or moisture in it.

I have also had the vacum pump go out that activates the hubs. About $110 to replace.

6. wyldman

wyldman Member

Like Howard said,most of the problems are with the vacuum hubs,and associated vacuum system.They did have some problems with the electric shift cases a while back,but I haven't seen much with the newer ones.