1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F250 Plowtruck burned to the ground

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Albemarle Lawn, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn Junior Member

Sad sight on the way home.

Will try to post a morbid pic tomorrow...

F250 with plow burned to ground at a shopping center.

Stacks of snow everywhere 20' high, where here we hardly get snow.

I wonder why they didn't take a loader and just drop snow on the burning truck?

GLAD I GOT FULL COVERAGE ON MY OLD TRUCK!

ken

2. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Sould be a reminder to check all your eletrical connections & dont over work the truck.

BTW: Put your location in your profile, so we know where your from....

3. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

people will be fighting over that burned up plow ,its a real HOT commodity-now that its been HEAT treated -it should last forever.:rolleyes:

4. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Was it a new Ford?

Just another reason to buy from the General....

General Motors that is !!!!:D :rolleyes:

5. 66Construction

66Construction Senior Member

I agree with J Curtis!! :D

Now that guy knows why those funny rubber black things are around the wires that come through the fire wall.
    Casey

6. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Two guys at work are dyed-in-the-wool Chevy truck guys. So one day one of them looks at my Bronco II and said," I guess as a kid you never had toy trucks to play with?" My reply: " I did, but I had Tonka trucks, not Buddy-Ls like you, so I learned how to appreciate a good truck early in my life!". P.S. Unlike the guys at work with Ford trucks, those two guys lease brand new trucks all the time. I guess they are afraid of the long haul.

7. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Ok i love my chevys too,,but i have lost one pulling a trailer. The front tranny seal blew apart and started on fire. It was in PA and by the time the firefighters got there it was gone.....But we saved the 24' Haulmark :D

8. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I was subbing on a job where one of the guys had an engine fire, that's exactly what we did, a bucketful put it out.

He was down a couple days making repairs, but didn't lose the truck.

9. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

I lost my first plow truck to fire. 79 Blazer, and yes, everyone has already told me all of the blazer jokes you can imagine LOL. I had stopped home to get some vittles, make some phone calls etc. & left it running to keep warm. We were in the middle of a 30" blizzard at the time, and one of the room mates came into the kitchen where we all are & announced that one of our other room mates' car is on fire. Hmmm my brain says, that's really odd because I just pulled into the lot and all of their cars are covered with 20" of snow, how could one of them be on fire all of the sudden. Then the brain clicked, as we all ran to the lot, that's probably my warm running truck that's on fire!! Yep, going pretty good. I opened the back, pulled out my fire extinguishers & shovels and we blew through 4 extinguishers but it was still cooking good. So then I smashed the door windows, threw a shovel to one of the room mates & we shoveled snow like mad men into the cab to keep it from spreading all the way through & getting out of hand, because we didn't think the fire department would be able to get there any time soon because there was 12-16" of snow on the road. Firemen actually got there surprisingly quick and their determination was that the heater motor caused it. had 3 different people stop by to buy the plow the next day and sold the gutted truck & plow for $400.00, so I didn't even have to worry about towing the thing to a junk yard. Finnegan was right, they will fight over the plow after the truck burns up LOL.