1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F250 Plow Prep Question

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by kevlars, Nov 8, 2011.

1. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

I will soon own a 2000 F250 SD. It is a 4x4 ext. Cab 8' bed with the 7.3 PSD. I don't know whether it has the plow prep pkg. How can I tell, and what is included in that pkg? I will be swapping my Hiniker 8 1/2' V plow to it. Will I be ok if I don't have the plow prep?

It also says 4x4 off road on the bed, if that is really a package or just a sticker I don't know.
    Thanks for your help,
  2. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

Anyone got any info??

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

As far as I remember from my dealer days, plow prep was bigger alt (I think the pulley is different?) bigger front springs, and maybe something else.Maybe a different fan clutch? If your not sure, no big deal. I had talked with ford reps about this years ago and they said that ext. cab long beds with diesels, and regular cabs are the only 2 styles that can hold a plow, with a diesel again. That was from ford. I'm running an 810 with a 7.3 and a ext. short bed and the front end barley squats an 1" and I dont have anything extra on the front end. Another thing you could check is the spring code on the door, call the dealer and see what they say it is. Hope this kinda helps.
  4. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

Thanks for the info!

5. TwiceStroked

TwiceStroked Member

Plow prep pkg on ext cab wasnt until '04.
    Definately not for m.y. 2002, so I think safe to say not in '00.
    Look under spring codes on drivers door jam,
    X* = plow pkg front springs. *= rear code spring, I'm not
    in my truck but think its like B. (XB).
    6.0 use a differant fan clutch on plow pkg trucks,
    Dont remember on the 7.3, Sorry.