1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f250 overdrive

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by snowman91, Jun 8, 2008.

1. i just got a new torque converter in my 2001 5.4l v8 f250 and now the overdrive woulnt turn off when i press the button the light dosnt come on indicating its off . what seems to be the problem?

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Could be the wires leading to the switch or the switch is bad. The wires break or short out all the time. Did it ever switch off the overdrive when you put it in park? That's a sign the wires are bare. The wires to the transmission might have a problem too.

3. so u recommend i take it to ford b4 i attempt to fix it myself

4. MickiRig1

I don't know how easy a fix it is. Post the question about replacing the switch and wires on this forum. There are people here that have done the repair.

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

6. i already posted it on ford-trucks.com my name thing on there is JJf250 no response to it yet

7. MickiRig1

Must be like PlowSite. Everybody has other things to do and no time for the internet.

8. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

You can fix it yourself it will cost you around $ 40.00 bucks from Ford but it will break in no time since it is a piss pour design. I replaced mine and in no time it was broke from shifting to drive and reverse and park all the time. the wires are so thin they break real easy.

9. i replaced the shifter a few weeks ago and it was a really easy install