1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F250 or f350

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Dlongerman, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

thinking of getting a F250 or F350 Diesel ...
    going to get a Boss or western plow
    i like both of them..
    going to do a town home complex, a parking lot and a few res. homes. so what plow should i get a Vplow or Straight.

with the truck......
    during the summer i do farming so i will be pulling stuff. and i also do landscaping.

i haven't gotten the truck yet but i can get either a SRW or a DRW will be a crew cab...

so to sum it all up, what truck should i go with? and what plow should i go with?

Dan

2. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

The one question you asked that shouldn't be someone,s opinion is SRW or DRW. What are you planning on hauling ? I have SRW and pull a 34' triple slide fifth wheel with no problem. I have seen what a few farmers put on there truck and I wouldn't even try it with SRW . The plow is personal preferance and you can see my opinion :) I like the V plow because I plow a few tight areas and the scoop works for that .

3. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

As long as you are familiar with Ford's inevitable problems anyone of those will do. Stay away from the (ESOF)Electronic shift on the fly or in other terms the "automatic 4WD". Both Boss and Western are great plows. I stand by the Ultramount, but that's my opinion. I do all commercial plowing and I do it with a straight-blade. Just takes more "straight-blading". For the amount you mentioned I think the V-blade is overkill, especially residentially and from a $ standpoint. Next year, I will be considering Western's "Wideout". Anyone of those blades the Ford can hold with no problem as long as the front- end and suspension components don't take a crap on you. Bottom line is most of your decisions will be preference. Anyway, let us know what you get.

4. badjuicedgt

badjuicedgt Junior Member
    from nw ohio

i have an f250 and an f350 the 250 is an ext cab 4x4 90k its an 05 and my 04 is a crew cab lariet 4x4 with 120k on it both of mine have shift on the fly no problems i wouldnt have one without it i have a sno way plow on the 04 and a western on the 05 its a matter of opinion on what to get i also work for a ford dealer and do the bying for the lot i have 04 and up diesels any where from 14000 to 35000 you can find pretty good deals if you look

5. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

I have an 03 F250 Crew Cab Lariet for sale with the 7.3 liter Diesel, not the problematic 6.0 liter that came out later that year! If I sell the truck, I also have a 2 year old 8'2" BOSS V plow that I will sell with it. I used to have a straight blade BOSS and sold that to buy the V. My opinion, I wouldn't go with anything except a V! There are so many more things that you can do with the V that you just can't do with a straight. You definitely will save more time with the V as well due to the scoop position. Do an advanced search for my name and you will see the listing, or send me your email and I can send pics. I am located in Indianapolis, IN. Let me know if interested.