1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F250 or F350

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by WOODY367, Aug 20, 2005.

1. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I am going to retire the old 1981 F250. I want to get a 1997 F250 XLT reg. cab. I plan on using it for daily driving, light contracting work an plowing snow. Should I look for a F350 with the solid front axle? I don't want the stiff ride the 350 gives but the 250 has the lousy front end like my 81 did. What do you think? P.S. I am also thinking diesel this time.
  2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

F-350 is the way to go. I would look at the 1999 and newer with the 7.3. They ride better and you can mess with the 7.3 turbo to get better everything.
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

If you can afford it go with the F-350. No more U-joints to deal with on the axle. They are rated to carry more as long as you have the right tires on it.The diesels the way to go since they will go 250k and still run strong!
    You pay more for a diesel which is a draw back,geared right you get better MPG then a gasser.
    My F-250's going Bye, Bye as soon as I sell some property I inherited.
    I always have a recent truck trader magazine in the bathroom too.HeHeHe