1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F250 Newbie Question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by cyclonestroker, Sep 26, 2011.

1. cyclonestroker

cyclonestroker Junior Member
    from Iowa

Hey y'all, I'm buyin a 8'2 Boss V plow from a buddy who bought a 2000 f-250 gasser that had the plow on it when he bought it. Everything on the plow works fine, all the hoses and pumps seem to be in good working order.

He's selling me the plow, mounts, harness and everything for $1000 so I figured a pretty good deal.

My question is I have a 2005 f-250 diesel, extended cab short box, and wanted to know if this mount will bolt right up or if I'm going to have to get a different mount. I know the suspension changed for 05 on the superduties but from what I found it should be part #LTA03654C which is the same for 99-07. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, will the wiring harness for the lights and everything be the same, or will I have to buy a different harness or some adapters.

My last question is do I need to add anything to the front springs or should it be solid enough for a 8'2 plow?

Thanks for any help!

2. bigrichslc

bigrichslc Junior Member

In 05 boss had to make a change to the rear side brackets to fit around the sway bar. You will need a left and right side bracket, Part # LTA05640 AND A LTA05645. I would also order the bolt kit, it makes things nice when all of the bolts are there. On the 05 ford you'll have to remove the tow hooks and then you can get your arm down the frame rail to put the 6 bolts in for the side plates. Put the hooks back in once you are all done. You will need a Light adapter for your truck. Part# MSC08839. The front springs are good, this should be all that you need. I would pick up a new solenoid and a new style power ground cable, but thats just me. Do you know if this plow is a RT3 or a RT2? need to know for the light adapter for sure.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  3. cyclonestroker

from Iowa

Thanks for the info! I'm not sure if it's a RT3 or RT2, I can find out tomorrow. Do you happen to have the part # for the solenoid and the ground cable?

4. bigrichslc

bigrichslc Junior Member

the solenoid is a HYD01633 and the power ground is a HYD01684. let me know if you need any parts, i can be reached at 1800-203-8454. I have all of this instock.

5. cyclonestroker

from Iowa

Thanks bigrich. I did find out it is an RT3. My understanding is that the RT3 smart hitch is a lot better than that of the RT2. Is that correct?

6. bigrichslc

bigrichslc Junior Member

The RT3 plow is alot easier to hook up, although my opinion is the RT2 plow was alot stronger. The RT3 plow has a weak point in it and may cause you grief down the road. Just plow at the recommended speed of 14 mph and you should be fine.