1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F250 interior light

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 02f250superduty, Sep 13, 2009.

1. 02f250superduty

02f250superduty Member

I have a 2002 F250 super duty. When I start the vehicle with the door opened my interior lights go out and stay out:confused:, if I close the door and then reopen it the lights will come back on. Does anyone know why my truck does that? And how do I fix it? I would like the lights to stay on after starting the truck if the door is open.

Thanks

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

is this an extended cab? You might have the light switch going bad or dirty and it's located at the bottom of backdoor.

3. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

thats how its made my 02 superduty does the same thing

4. 02f250superduty

02f250superduty Member

It is a SuperCrew 4 door. I will look into the switch or switches.

5. 02f250superduty

02f250superduty Member

bigbadbrad are you sure that is how it is made? Mine has actually worked a few times the way I thought it should work and have talked to a few other people who also own superduty trucks (some 2002 some not) and they all say mine is wrong. Not that I am doubting you. I mean the last thing I want to do is make a guy mad with a name like that LOL. Thank you for your input. If I find that the switch is bad I will let you know. And if it is not I guess I will live with it.

Thanks

6. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

well maybe mine has the same problem as yours, i bought mine used and it has been like that since i owned, just the way i am used to it working

7. 02f250superduty

02f250superduty Member

bought mine used too

I bought mine used too. Probably a common Ford problem. Will let you know what I find also I am going to try and stop by the Ford garage today see if I can get some free info.

8. 02f250superduty

02f250superduty Member

Grandview thanks for the info I removed my door panel and tried to remove the switch but could not get it out. So I sprayed some contact cleaner on it. It works now, for how long I don't know.

Brad you should try it too.

9. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

will try when i get a chance

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Give the switch a shot of compressed air and then a good shot of Fluid Film. It will then work correctly almost indefinably.

Common issue on the Fords.

11. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

my light switch on the 2004 in integrated into the latch......drivers side....and sticks in the down position leaving the dome on all the time....

same solution if anybody reads this....oil and free up....but it's a bear to get to..buried in the door latch on the front doors.

i know mine is a 04 but i don;t have any switches in the rear doors......and a mechanical latch only on the bottoms...

extended cab 04 duty