1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F250 heavy duty

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by DIRSHMAN63, Dec 17, 2009.

1. HELLO I AM NEW TO ALL THIS STUFF BUT I NEED SOME ADVICE/HELP ??? CAN I PUT DUAL BATTERIES AND A BIGGER ALT FOR MORE POWER FOR MY PLOW::drinkup:

2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Nope, not with such vague info anyway... How about a year, motor, and tranny for starters... :dizzy:

Oh, and lose the caps lock... :rolleyes:

3. Ok I have a 1997 F250 HD 351 windser 4x4 c6 tranny?? 285/70/16 tires silver matalic in color 36,654 miles bought and paid for 7500+ tax 8200 out the door is this enough info

4. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

hmmm what color interior?? this is crucial

5. OOPS ALMOST FORGOT smooth plastic silver matalic with 48.5 pounds of pressure in the spare tire hahaha

6. thesnowman269

well given all that very specific information even though I still dont know what color interior you have i think your truck might just be able to have a dual battery set up. All you have to do is get TWO NEW batteries NOT 1 and wire them together. You should also consider upgrading your alternator. as to placement of your dual batteries thats where are going to have to be creative

7. 1997 f 250 hd dual battery hook up

hey snowman the interior is silver:waving:

8. thesnowman269

aaaahhh alright well then yes you can definitely have a dual battery setup no problem and it will give you more electrical power yes