1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F250 Front Suspension ?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by YLC1, Nov 10, 2005.

1. YLC1

YLC1 Junior Member

I have a 1989 F250 that I've found a plow for.The recomended front axle capacity should be 4600lbs but my truck is rated at 3850lbs.Would Timbrens be the way to go or maybe heavier springs?Any help would be great!Thanks,Richard

2. danno

danno Senior Member

Timbrens or springs ? OH NO, NOT AGAIN!!!:dizzy:

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I think he should look into ballast. :eek: :D

4. sawbones25

sawbones25 Member

I was looking into getting some beefier springs up front. The main issue you should worry about is the tire ratings though. They will determine the weight carrying abilities of the truck.
    But I would venture that with these springs and "E" rated tires (properly inflated) that you would be able to carry any plow...

Link to my other post, that contains the link to the bigger springs

5. YLC1

YLC1 Junior Member

Thanks guys.The truck has E rated tires.Here in NC there aren't too many resources to learn about using a snow plow.The only dealer in town doesn't stock any plows but will order one.As you can imagine they are not alot of help.Richard