1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F250 Fog light relay?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by hewy, Sep 14, 2009.

1. hewy

hewy Junior Member

I have a 2001 F-250, my foglights recently quit working. I took it to the shop after i could not find any obvious problems. They traced the problem to what they believe is a relay somewhere behind the glove box. Has anyone had a similar incident in the past? I didn't want to spend a ton of cash on this & rip the dash apart searching for something that may not exist. I'll figure a way to re-wire them i guess, i just wanted to see if anyone has any other suggestions to check first.

and no they aren't burnt out, and the headlight/foglight switch are new & working as well.

Thanks!

2. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

I'm pretty sure they work ONLY in the 'key on' position. I searched for a similiar problem earlier in the year only to find that I was chasing a ghost.
    Also, look for a Fog or Driving light fuse that's blown.

3. hewy

hewy Junior Member

i checked the obvious.

i've had the truck for 7 years now, i know how the foglights work, but thanks for the reply! All fuses have been checked as well. all good to go.

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I take it they are the OEM fog lights in the bumper?
    All the OEM relays should be in the power box under the hood. I would not see why they would deviate from their usual practices ( even if it is Ford ) look at the electrical section of the repair manual it should list all the stuff in the power box. It should show if it has a fuse or a breaker that resets it's self.