1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f250 exhaust issue

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by ScubaSteve728, Jan 7, 2013.

1. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

i found a small hole in my muffler on my 05 f250 with 145000 miles on it. should i fix it or replace it and upgrade to a magnaflow or flow master. i could have someone weld the hole or use some of the muffler fix it gunk. the truck has the California emissions system on it and i do not know exactly what it does but i would not mind getting rid of it. the manifolds are clean and i do not really want to replace them id rather do a bolt on. i just do not want it too loud for the residential driveways i do.

my second question is should i get a k&n cold air intake to make the truck breathe better?
    if you have one on your plow truck let me know how you like it

2. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

no suprise that a ford f250 has an exhaust issue.. its a ford... how is this dodge related? just get the stock replacement muffler you dont want to be plowing with a noisy hillbilly f250 with a loud awful sounding muffler

3. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

thanks for the reply
    crap i meant to put this in the ford forum idk how to move it

4. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

im pretty sure a moderator has to do that

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You don't want to be slumming