1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F250 Diesel 7.3 Powerstroke.

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by mike588, Feb 23, 2006.

1. mike588

mike588 Junior Member
    from East Pa

New here, I have been reading here lot and lot of great help.
    Looking to put a Fisher plow 7.5 on a 2000 F250 reg.cab, 8' bed, Diesel 7.3 Power-stroke. looking for some help.

thank you

2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I would suggest at least an 8' plow on a truck that size! Trust me the 7.5 works but you would never regret getting the bigger plow. We have one 7.5 on an F 350 and will be removing it in the spring for something bigger and better

3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, put on a 8'. You will not like the 7.5' Too small and the weight jump is minimal. You want to make sure that you have the plow prep package on that truck. That means "X" code springs and a FGAWR of 5200#

Last edited: Feb 23, 2006
  4. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Do a search on this topic--there are many threads and tons of reading---First the 7.3 is heaviest engine of what was offered---you may want to put in Timbrens or a add a leaf kit leveling kit--2 1/2" lift. The subframe might not have enough clearence on some models--check with the supplier or go to thier links here on the type of set-up your going to run. I know that the local fisher dealer here recommends the 7.5 for your truck! Best of luck! Oooh and welcome!

5. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

If you run X-code front springs you can run up to a 9' plow without issues. You have the same drivetrain as a 2000 F350, just your front springs are lighter, and the rear spacer blocks are smaller. I have a 2000 F350 with the X-code front springs, I run a 8'6" Western pro or a 9' Western pro plus and no problems at all. If you run X-code front springs you will need to install F350 rear spacer blocks to level the truck out. Otherwise it will sit nose high.,

6. mike588

mike588 Junior Member
    from East Pa

Great help.i will look in to and keep reading to. Thanks for the info

7. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

you need a 8 or 8.5 plow on that truck.