1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f250 brake shoe anchor bolts/pins

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by matzke3, Nov 9, 2012.

1. matzke3

matzke3 Member

Im working on a 94 f250 for a customer that is a rust bucket. The rear brake shoes and cables need replacing but the nuts for the pins and rusted round. I had to cut one off to replace the wheel cylinder and both sides need auto adjust cables. I cannot find this bolt anywhere in the aftermarket and the dealer is on a national backorder with an eta of Dec 3. Does anyone know where I can get these? They are the sholder type bolt that is splined through the backing plate and nutted on the backside. The parking brake arm is pinned here and so are the auto adjust cables. They also serve as the top return anchor for the shoes. As always the customer is screamin for it and any help is appreciated.
    -Matz-

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

so u need the bolts for the wheel cylinder?

3. Morrissey snow removal

and auto adjust cables

4. matzke3

matzke3 Member

Neither. The cables come in the adjusted kit and the bolts a plain 5/16 coarse thread. I need the pin/ bolt above the wheel cylinder.

5. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

sounds like your talking about the pivot bolt that the E brake bracket swings on directly above the wheel cylinder.

if so - i'd call up ford. that isn't something that comes with a brake hardware kit. i doubt autozone would have it, but you never know... maybe it's one of those dorman or HELP speciality products?

Attached Files:

6. Morrissey snow removal

we cut up alot of those trucks let me look around

7. tyler886

tyler886 Member
    from RI

You dont necessarily need to use that anchor pin. Ive used 1/4" diameter bolts and theyve worked just fine in the past. On customers trucks and a couple of mine. If the customers in that much of a rush, stick a bolt and nut in it for now and have them come back for the OEM anchor pin.

-Tyler

8. matzke3

matzke3 Member

I picked up some shouldered bolts tonight that I think will work if I drill the back plate. Yes These are the bolts that hold the e brake arm.