1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f250, blizzard 810 not lineing up right

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by T.W. Barrett, Mar 16, 2007.

1. T.W. Barrett

T.W. Barrett Junior Member

I went to put my blizzard 810 on tonight because of the snow and I noticed my truck was too high to hitch up . I cant figure out how to hitch this plow up, I have tried putting wood under the plow to raise it but it wont work. I unhitched the plow at the end of my driveway last year and it is at a funny angle to hitch up. I tried using the unhitch to raise the plow but because its too icy it slips back down lower. Im sure there is an easy solution that im not thinking about, so if anyone has any ideas it would be very helpful. thanks
  2. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I use a small floor jack to raise mine up sometimes, if it has sunk in the soft ground or whatever.
  3. T.W. Barrett

Thanks Dan, I was so frustrated that I was losing money with every minute that went by. After I calmed down and my mind was straight I just took some air out of the tires. The jack was my second thought.
  4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Easiest thing is to use a block of wood underneath the power hitch to get it higher with the plow power hitch down function.
  5. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

both of my plows 810/8611lp need two people because they get parked on soft/snowy ground. We usually leave them on for the winter, so it isn't an issue.

We have one guy with a t-bar lift up the a-frame and line it up. Both of these are on 350's.

The kick-stands are pretty useless on these.

6. T.W. Barrett

yah the kick stand got knocked off so the plow was off an inch. The driveway was at real funky angle so it made for an awkward situation, but is all set now. I guess with a chain lift this wouldnt be a problem.
  7. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Good god people, the love affair some of you have with chains makes me concerned about your activities in your personal lives.
    Short of way old school hard mount plow frames where you could attach the chain and then lift the plow to line up the a frame pins, any of the new pull away style plows need to be locked into their recievers in order to lift the plow.
    Now if you cant line up the recievers then you are just as screwed as a ram lift style plow.
    Now I have had my blizzards sink the soft ground many times and a block of wood and the power hitch alone( thanks jerre) gets the plow lined up every time.
    Now compare that to the endless hrs of cumulative frustration in the past of sunk in MM and unimounts, and I will be happy to run a power hitch every time.
  8. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Tell us how you really feel, Dino!:D

I recall someone not picking up their plow from plow dealer cause they had a pallet of salt in the back, weighing down the truck and thus front end was too high. Block of wood woulda solved the problem real quick.
  9. T.W. Barrett

RELAX! the plow was at a funny angle, All I said was that a chain would have easily fixed this, instead of tryig to put a macguyver block of wood, corkscrew, etc thing together. I got frustrated and wasnt thinking straight until I figured out to take some air out of the tires. I love the Blizzard and would buy another one in a heart beat. The kickstand got knocked out so it was laying flat and a block of wood wouldnt have helped. I was looking for direction not criticism. I will have to use a floor jack next time or better yet not park the plow at the side of the drive. bannana head