1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F250 7.3D Tire size?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by vamootsman, Dec 4, 2009.

1. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

Brought it home from Texas with 60k on it. Needs tires. I've been through all of the threads about which tires are best (boy was that insightful), but not much info on what size is best for this truck. It had 265/75/16's, on it now, but a tire guy said he'd put 285/7516's on it if it were him. Any recommendations? I don't want a monster truck, just looking for good traction and power to the wheels in a movie theatre lot with pretty darn long pushes.
  2. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

I kept the size stock on mine, and went with toyo open country, there nice on the road and have great traction in bad conditions.
  3. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I have 305's on mine. I like the way they fill out the wheel well. In my opinion, 265's look too small for the truck. The 285's are slightly taller and wider than the 265's. I think you will be happy with them.

The shear weight of these trucks, especially when loaded for plowing, do a great job of mashing any tire into the ground. Tread pattern plays a bigger role than tire width.
  4. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Go with whatever you like. Minimal difference. The 265 will be a little better in the snow, the skinnier the better in deep snow. 265's are a bit cheaper and have higher load ratings than 285's too.
  5. purplehavoc

purplehavoc Member

I run 285's on 3 of my trucks.Fill out the wheel wells nicer.
    BFG A/t's on 2 trucks,work great for plowing.
    Wild Country XTX's on the GM suck.