1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F250 06' Trailer Fault?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by N&CLandscaping, Jan 23, 2009.

1. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping Senior Member
    from Medford

Does anyone know what the problem may be? Everytime I put my truck in reverse, it beeps and trailer fault comes on? Would salt be the problem? Jw. thanks
  2. voyagerxii

voyagerxii Junior Member

Check for moisture in the trailer plug. Mine did it after the truck was washed.

3. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

I can't remember if it was a thread here or over on the Ford Truck forum, but there is some problems with the factory trailer plug collecting water and causing problems.
  4. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

It's usually moisture or corrosion where the loom from the truck plugs into the receptacle. It's covered if you're under the 3/36 warranty and quite possibly a Ford ESP. You could pull the two relays located in the under hood fuse/relay box for a temporary fix.

Here is the TSB -

Message center displaying "Wiring Fault On Trailer":
    This may occur due to water intrusion/corrosion in the trailer connector socket or the connector behind the socket. If corrosion is present, replace the socket and harness and lube with silicone dielectric grease. If there are no signs of water, perform normal diagnosis. Broadcast Message 7052, 7108.
  5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

the truck I have been driving lately (08 f350) has been giving me the same warning for a couple weeks now, I figured it was ice in the plug, just been to lazy/busy to be bothered to check into it.
  6. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

Nothing new here with ford - I had my complete wiring harness replaced under warranty and 2 months later it started again. I removed the fuse for the trailer controller.
  7. T&MSnowMan

T&MSnowMan Member

Our company 2006 F350 Pick-up was doing the same thing last year...I'll talk to my buddy and see what it was..It hasnt done it for a long time now..I will look into it for ya!
  8. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping Senior Member
    from Medford

Thanks man!
  9. Butcher

Butcher Junior Member
    from NE OHIO

Can you list the TB number my dealer says there is not a TB out on this issue. I am having problems with trailer fault and trailer disconnected coming up on the read out.
  10. T&MSnowMan

T&MSnowMan Member

I talked to my buddy, Ford told him the salt and water was messing up the connections for the trailer. Thing is that the cover was always on it or a trailer was plugged in....but anyways thats what Ford said and they took care of it and now its better....atleast for now..lol