1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F150

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MetroProperties, Oct 2, 2013.

1. MetroProperties

MetroProperties Junior Member

Hey guys. I know someone that is selling a ford f150 and it is a 1996. It's is 4x4 and has 112000 miles. I this I could get it for somewhere around $1000. It has a 7.5 ft Curtis blade but it needs a new pump. The frame is a little rusty but is still pretty solid. What do you guys think. It needs a new exhaust but i am just going to use it as a plow rig.

2. johnhenry1933

johnhenry1933 Senior Member

If it's solid sounds like a steal.

But as far as using a 1/2 ton on commercial properties, I would never do that...unless you are simply pushing the snow to one side.

I have a 400' push on one property, and no 1/2 ton can handle that unless it's 3-4" of fluff. 6" of wet snow on that light of a truck will break the plow, or the truck frame. I have seen two lightweights break on this property before I got involved.

Just sayin' since you posted this in the commercial section.