1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F150 to Jeep Wrangler

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by P&M Landscaping, Nov 1, 2009.

1. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

Hey guys I just got a sport duty. I know I need to switch out mounts. How about the headlight adapters? I know on the 11 pin harness it was right in the harness, is it the same for the 13 pin? I know the f150 pulls up different adapters than my jeep but I was wondering if the 13 pin is like the 11 pin

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Same setup. Just need to swap out the headlight adapters and you're good to go.

3. P&M Landscaping

So if I just take out the adapters for the 150 the other plug will go into my headlights?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The connectors on the actually plow harness will connect to an HB5 headlamp with no adapters at all. So, if the truck is HB5 then you'll need nothing. But if it's not then you need to purchase a set of adapters.

5. P&M Landscaping

Are the connectors on the 11 pin and 13 pin the same?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No. You have 11 pin adapters and 13 pin adapters. They will not interchange because the connectors on their respective harness's (11 or 13) are not the same.

7. P&M Landscaping

No, my question is the plug thats hard wired in to the harness's aren't the same? The 11 Pin I have has no adapters and plugs in, so I'm wondering when I put the 13 pin on with no adapters will it also work

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

And like I mentioned..

In other words if you have the 11 pin plugged in directly with no adapters now...you'll need adapter for the 13 pin because the "hardwired" plugs are not the same between the 11 and 13.

9. P&M Landscaping

I see what your saying. Sorry for the confusion

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just be glad we're not working with Western or Fisher wiring. :dizzy: :D