1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F150 tire need

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by burlingtonplow, Jan 15, 2010.

1. burlingtonplow

burlingtonplow Member

I have a 2006 f150 that I want new tires for. The own on there now is 255/70/17. I want them all year round and obviously for plowing. reading reviews on tirerack is driving me nuts

2. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

I have general grabber at2's on my 06 f150 they are 60,000 mile tire. Not that loud great in the snow. Just get the E rated tire I did not and wish I had.

3. burlingtonplow

burlingtonplow Member

What is the exact size tire you have

4. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

245/75/17s on this F150 with studs 6ply nice plowing tire

These are Marked Durango but I think Cooper is the parent company. They are studed and are a darn good plow tire as they clean themselves out every turn of the wheel ussmileyflag

[​IMG]

5. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

I just went and looked 265/75/r17

6. TommyMac

TommyMac Senior Member

Another MassHole....This site is getting better every day....I live in Mass too brotha & go up to NH almost every weekend & I have a 08' F-150 4x2, I just got Firestone Destination A/T's & love them, they are friggin amazing in the snow I put 500lbs of sand bags for ballast & the truck is phenominal, I wont spin a tire in a foot of snow

7. buns79

buns79 Junior Member

I have an 05 and went from a 255 to a 265 bfg all terrain they are imo a great tire Ive had them on all my trucks

8. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

BFG ATs will last for eons. If you rotate them its not uncommon to see 80k plus out of them. ProComp ATs will also last 50k no questions and are GREAT in the snow.

Bridgestone Dueler Revo's are well loved by our customers also. I never owned a set but have sold my cousin 2 sets for his ram 2500 and he got about 50k out of each set and when I drove his truck they were not that loud and preformed well.

Whatever you do, stay away from hankook or other real cheep Chinese and Korean tires. Most of them have super weak sidewalls that will blow out easy if you hit a curb or put a lot of weight in the truck often.

9. chasity2682

chasity2682 Member
    from canada

I just got a set of Michelin LTX A/T 2 E rated>. They don't have a really agressive tread pattern but they still work amazing in the snow. On the hwy they are very quiet and smooth. check them out on tire rack i think they got the second highest rating in there classification

10. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

Keep hearing about these tires called Blizzark or something like that, anyone know anything about them as some of the posts I see them listing them on their trucks??

11. chasity2682

chasity2682 Member
    from canada

There are 5 different types of blizzak tires for light truck. I think your best bet is to check out tirerack.com click on your size and they are usually rated buy multiple cutomers.

12. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

Speaking from personal experience on my 2005 F-150, I wouldn't recommend the Revos. Yes, they were decent in the snow, but I only got 3 winters (non-plowing) out of the set of four. That's probably less than 25,000 miles. Needless to say, I was quite disappointed.