1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F150 Timberns or Level Kit?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by pyropierce, Jul 13, 2007.

1. pyropierce

pyropierce Junior Member

I have a 2004 Ford F150 with a 7 1/2 Western Plow. When I raise the plow the front of the truck drops maybe 2 inches nothing to bad. I was thinking of adding timberns or a leveling kit. What do you recommend? Other than that the truck handles the plow like a champ. Can’t hardly tell its on.

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Timberns would be the easy fix. Four bolts or rivets removed and the timberns bolted on your done! Later you might add heavy duty springs and shocks when those parts start getting tired.

3. Ruanolik

Ruanolik Member
    from Maine

I havd the 71/2 foot blizzard on my 04 f150. I went with the leveling kit and it worked out great. The ride and handeling stayed the same, and my truck rode at its original height with the plow on. Was able to run plow up at full angle on the road without worrying about it catching on big bumps.

Installation was fairly easy, was able to do it at home, ( recommend using a impact wrench ). Took to garage for front end alignment though.

I have some pictures of the install if you decide to go that route.

4. pyropierce

pyropierce Junior Member

If you can send some pictures of the install of the leveling kit that would be great. Thanks.
    pyropierce@verizon.net

5. Ruanolik

Ruanolik Member
    from Maine

Pictures on thier way