1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F150/Skidsteer

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SuperdutyShane, Oct 26, 2009.

1. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Well yesterday my dad dropped me and the skidsteer off at my uncles to spread 20 or so yards of gravel for his driveway. When we first loaded it, the ramps dont have the stoppers at the bottom of them so it picked up rear axle of the truck off the ground. Didnt get any pictures though, we just put blocks under the rear end of the trailer to load it now so nothing happened though.

[​IMG]

2. SuperdutyShane

Alright, Im not going to upload any more pics til I learn how to resize. Anyone know a site to resize them on?

3. Pennings Garden

Pennings Garden Senior Member
    from VA

That's a mighty heavy trailer load behind a f150:dizzy: have you checked your hitch rating???

4. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

One Chain?!?!:gunsfiring::eek::dizzy::realmad:

5. SuperdutyShane

It is a class 4.

6. SuperdutyShane

No. My dad was looking for the rest of his ratchets and binders. I doubt you can see it but all the chains are there, not hooked though. We did hook it up before leaving. We took all back roads going slow too. Although the trailer has electric brakes, the truck doesnt have a brake controller :laughing: It was a once in a life time thing to haul something that big anyway. Once the 350 is registered it will pull mostly everything.

7. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Nice CAT but 1 tie down chain and pulling it with a F150?????

8. SuperdutyShane

When we finished we had 4 chains, and the F150 was all we had at the moment. Could have brought it on a lowboy, but what a waste that would have been :p! And to be honest, it didnt pull bad, and even without the trailer brakes, it stopped very easily.

9. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

And no trailer brakes!!!!? I wouldn't take chances like that again.:waving:

10. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Tough F150
    it remind me of my 79 F150 that I tow overload trailer.

what engine in F150 4.6L or 5.4L

You better use photobucket they have resize it so easy to use

11. SuperdutyShane

Well my dad has been driving big trucks for years, and he was almost used to driving things like this with bad brakes/no brakes/ so on so on. He also knew a route all the way to my uncles that only has one hill the whole way.

12. SuperdutyShane

Ill try Photobucket.

Well, to tell you the truth, its a 6 cylinder. 4.2L. :laughing:

Its got 180k on it, its never even thought of towing a trailer, but we bought this to use. I think when he gets another truck he is going back to 3/4 tons.

13. SuperdutyShane

Anyways, here is the left driveway. Had to go so I didnt get a picture of the other side. I think I did a good job. What do you all think?

[​IMG]

14. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

4.2L with 3.55 in gear ratio and could pull that. hey my truck have 6 cylinder inline it tow 12,000 pounds before it blew rear axle in creeper gear on hill.

well you use photobucket you click on image look at top of image see resize
    set at large or med

15. SuperdutyShane

Wow talk about a work horse of a truck! :laughing:
    Thanks for the info on resizing. I have it understood now.

16. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

your nuckin futz and you should really check whats for axels under that trailer. im guessing your maxed out on your tailer looks like 5 lug wheels. I have had enough trouble with the dot i make sure my breaks work

17. SuperdutyShane

Eh, back roads, not much bother with police. I think we saw one cop the whole hour it took to get up there. Its a 7500pd trailer or 8k I forget. We are getting a brake controller soon anyway, it wont be towing that heavy though. The other skid steer we tow with it is about 3k.

18. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

My buddy with a first gen Cummins was too cheap to get a tow and wanted me to flat tow him with a tow bar down the freeway since I have the biggest truck out of anyone else he knows. My tranny was havin issues so I didnt, and he ended up having our other buddy with a F-150, (unsure on year) of the same body style to pull it. Mind you this had the triton V8 and is a heck of a truck, but I rode with, and THAT was the scarriest ride Ive ever been on. :laughing:

19. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

20. SuperdutyShane

Could depend on the driver :laughing: The v8 is pretty powerful. We have this one intersection in our town where you stop on a real steep hill , and the engine revved up to about 2100 rpms before the thing moved. No spinning tires though :laughing:

I mean, it was bought as a work truck, why not serve its purpose? I mean he used it up until 180k very easily now that he has started having problems with it he is starting to use it for more of a work truck.