1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F150 Plow

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jdo150, Oct 30, 2008.

1. jdo150

jdo150 Member

Ok I know that a F150 isn't the best truck to use to plow, but its what I have its paid off and the truck would be used to do drive ways and small comerical lots... Our big trucks are used for the big stuff. Now the truck isn't going to be used this year but next year when I get out of college and start to plow more in the winter. What I want to know is what blade would you recomend for this truck... I also am not looking to spend a arm and a leg on a plow. I like fishers and thats what we have on our trucks now and i got a quote on the light duty or SD what erver they call it for 4200 installed. I was looking at the boss and blizzard plows also I was just wondering what you guys like best and what is the best plow for the truck.... also if i forgot to mention the truck is a 2004 F150 Heritage 97-03 body style with a 4.6L

2. VBR

VBR Member

For an F150? How about a 7'6'' western midweight;):D
  3. jdo150

jdo150 Member

How do you like your western I have used western plows twice before and didn't really like them.. granted they are both older then me...
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  4. VBR

VBR Member

5. deckboys

deckboys Senior Member

i run a 7'6" Arctic.... never any problems with it.... has taken plenty a beatin'
  6. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

Check out the Sno-Way plows
  7. jdo150

jdo150 Member

Thanks for the info guys. I heard that the snow ways are good when you get the down pressure option with them, but that will make it a little expesive for me. VBR whats the weight of that western that you have?

8. VBR

VBR Member

Mine is a Western Standard and is 614lbs without the mount and the midweight is 540lbs with out the mount
  9. jdo150

jdo150 Member

Thanks VBR I will have to take a look into the westerns, we have a dealer by my hometown
  10. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Go with a Sno-Way plow with the downpressure. You wont regret it!!
  11. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I run a Sno-Way 71/2' on an F-150 and it works awesome. DP is well worth it.
  12. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Get the lightest plow that will fit your needs. As you know it's just a f150 and the newer ones don't hold up well to the rigors of plowing..
  13. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

i have an 04 newer style with a 7'6'' meyers steel on it its been on there since we bought the truck in 04 granted the truck has only 42k on it it really had nothing to crazy go wrong with it.