1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f150 plow question

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Brando55, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Brando55

Brando55 Member

Just wondering what is the largest plow someone runs or kows of that will fit on a 2003 ford f150 supercab with the 5.4.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Our 26 series is available up to a 90" blade width for this application.

Optional Hydraulic Down Pressure System and wireless controls available. 5 year structural and 2 year electric/hydraulic warranty comes standard with your purchase.

You can learn more at http://www.snoway.com
  4. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

I run a 7.6" boss poly on my 04 (new style) with no issues and love it.
  5. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

i had a 7'6" western pro uni on my 99,...bit heavy but i ordered the 7700 t-bars and it's all good
  6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

7.5' midweight, 7.5' fisher LD, 7.5' Blizzard 760lt

All great plows for that truck. And they aren't made with plastic.
  7. Dissociative

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ agreed......
  8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Unless the mid weight is a mid weight poly of course. ;)
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  9. John Rambo

John Rambo Junior Member

Glad to hear this seeing how I just bought a 7.5 fisher. How do I go about ordering the 7700 bars? Any other modifications you recommend?
  10. Dissociative

the bars are for the 7700 trucks...i will try to find the link to them..but don;t do them until you need them...

1st....crank the t-bars that are on there up at least 4 full turns a side...no need to re-align the truck...

and as far as mods....add a leafs to the rear set to make it level after the t-bar crank...or a set of bags...300 for both options...INTAKE AND EXHAUST...air force one for sure on intake...OPEN exhaust after 4 cats...they provide more than enough back pressure...

i have HEAVILY modded 3 different 97-03 f1's so i am VERY knowledgeable about them...i will be happy to discuss this via e-mail or better yet via phone as i can talk faster than i can type.

here's my old ride. after the a-hole crashed into me on the freeway causing me to hit a wall at 45...totaled truck...

btw...it's a 7700 bars...add a leafs...and 35's...NO OTHER LIFT...
  11. John Rambo

John Rambo Junior Member

Thanks for all the info. Where can I access your email address? I'll be away for the next week, but Id like to contact you w/ some other questions. Thanks
  12. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

We have a Fisher SS X-Blade and it is actually not that bad, it handles it quite well. But ours is a 7700.
  13. Dissociative

in my sig..........