1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f150 or wrangler

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by kuhndawg, Feb 15, 2007.

1. kuhndawg

kuhndawg Junior Member

time to get a plow truck guys.trading in my cobra mustang :realmad: now i need something i can still cruise in the summer so the choice is 2001-03 crew cab lifted f150 or 2003-2005 rubicon wrangler lifted.btw im i gonna run into any probs with the lift? tryin 2 run 33-36 tires.btw last summer i sold my 78 f-150 with a 460 c-6 500hp truck what a dumbass

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  2. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

Well, if you lift the truck they will need to lower the plow frame. It looks stupid most of the time when you got this big hunk of metal hanging real far below the bumper.

I traded in my cobra mustang convertable for my truck in 04. I regrete it every warm summer night and thank God I traded it in on every snowy day. We get more snow then sun in Cleveland so its OK.

I personally think a f-150 crew with a plow is going to push the front axles gvwr to much. I would go for the jeep with a plow since it has a solid axle up front, and they are more nimble then the f-150 for plowing.

Or, do like me and get a f-150 as a daily with a plow and get a lifted jeep to play with on the weekends.