1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F150 or F250 for personal use??

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Team_Yamaha, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

I have been tossing around the idea about getting a new truck for personal use. Right now I am using my 05 for my personal truck, but with the cost of diesel and also just using a dually for daily driving isn't cost effective anymore. So I am going to make the 05 a full time company truck and get a F150 or F250 for me.

I just can't makeup my mind on what I want, and thought that I would pick your brains a little. Here is what I am looking at:

06 F150 FX4 SC, SB, 5.4L V-8/auto
    06 F250 FX4 SC, LB, 5.4L V-8/torq shift

I don't need a F250 for personal use, but I just love the new frontend and how you sit in the truck. I WON"T be plowing with either truck, and the most that it will tow is my lawn mower, a Kubota BX2230 with trailer total weight would be around 4,000-4,500 lbs.

What would you guys do?????

2. Ice Scream

Ice Scream Member

I would pick the f250, being in business you can always use it if you need. The f150 will not give you that option, but it will be better on gas...

3. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Boy, what a great position to be in. I, too, would go with the 250. I love how they look, and figure, for the same price, you might as well have a heavier duty suspension.

However, you will be giving up ride quality. So, I guess it really comes down to what you want to do. Since you have the other trucks, you probably could get away with the 150, especially considering your trailer weight will only be around 5k lbs.

Both are great trucks. Let us know what you decide.