1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f150 mounts

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by dcarr, Aug 30, 2014.

1. dcarr

dcarr Member
    from ct

can anyone tell me if there is a blizzard mount for the 09+ f150? i have looked at threads and know the not supposed to use one but im only doing my own driveway. i found someone selling a 760sw for a good price and the weight of it is only 6lbs heavier than the approved sno way. thank you, dan

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Does your 159 have electronic steering?

3. dcarr

dcarr Member
    from ct

yes but im only looking to do my own driveway.

4. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

That's the issue. Doesn't have anything to do with weight

5. dcarr

dcarr Member
    from ct

ok, so i have been reading on the subject and need a little help on it. i have read that because of the weight on the front end that its not good for the epas system. what makes the sno way acceptable to use? is it electronics draw on the system or the weight of the plow. i have been getting both issues and cant find a def answer. but i have seen plows on this style truck. thank you for any clarification you can offer. i really hate shoveling lol

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

The weight of the plow and mount

7. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

Plus the amperage draw

You've seen plows becausesome models still have reg rack and pinion.