1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F150 Maintenance costs

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by cj_jackson, Jan 18, 2008.

1. cj_jackson

cj_jackson Junior Member

Hi there I am new to the industry, this is my first year plowing and I work for a guy that doesn't like to share to much information about his business, which I understand. I was considering doing my own plowing and next season, doing driveways and small lots. I was wondering approximetly how much per month it would be to maintain a 03' F150 4x4 with a 7'6" blade on it. Any input is appreciated.

This is a great site I have been learning alot.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

That's a kinda hard question to answer. Depending on how much you use your truck, and other circumstances will all vary. I can tell ya the bills can add up fast, but if your set up right, the money you earn can far surpass the cost of maintenance. Good luck..you will learn lots hear.
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

You have the maintenance records for your truck.
    you have the gas log.
    you know how many hrs you plowed.
    Your INS fees
    etc, etc,

Do your homework and then come back and tell us your operating cost.
    as everyones is diffrent.

ps. welcome...:waving: