1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F150 Lights

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Alaskan 24D, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Alaskan 24D

Alaskan 24D Junior Member

I recently bought a used 24D from a guy with a 98 F250 LD for my 01 F150 Supercrew. Installed it myself and everything matched up perfectly. Plow works great. BUT, when I put the light harness in, I lost the low beams on the truck. When the plow is hooked up everything works perfect. Hi beams/low beams/marker lights and turn signals. However, when I disconnect the plow, there are no low beams on the truck. Marker lights, turn signals and high beams are all good, but no low beams. The harness/adapters seemed to match up perfectly with the truck and headlight connectors. All the wires were attached to the relay when I bought it and I made no changes there. Was there possibly some change in the ford light system between 98 and 01 that requires different adapters? or has something gone bad? Previous owner said that he didn't have to hook the connectors together when he removed them from the plow, he just put the caps on them, and stuffed them back through the grill. Hooking them together doesn't make any difference.

A frame SN: 24D104285
    Blade SN: 80C102089
    Light bar SN: ALC110482
    Light harness tag 96102992
    didn't see any tag or numbers on the adapters between the harness and the headlights.
    Previous owner said plow was originally on a Bronco II, and that he had to buy adapters to use the harness on his 98 F250 LD.

Appreciate any troubleshooting suggestions.

David

2. Alaskan 24D

Alaskan 24D Junior Member

Fixed

So I decided to go out and disconnect and reconnect all the wires to the relay in case there was a bad connection. No change. Then I tapped on the relay a couple of times and my low beams came on. I'm fixed, and ready for the snow. It took more time to post my problem than to fix it. That's rare, at least for me. Here's to a good season. David

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Do not hook the lights together.

I would replace that relay before it fails permanently.