1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F150 in my future

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by timbow, Dec 30, 2012.

1. timbow

timbow Junior Member

Trading down for a newer vehicle. Have an '05 F250 with an 8' SD Boss now. I plow the church I work for and a few elderly folks drives, including my 1/2 mile gravel drive. Not making any money here with these 'accounts', so I don't probably need the F250. Been doing this for the past 3 years. Looking at a F150, 2010 and newer. What minimum considerations should I take into account when searching? I realize I'll need a different plow (recommendations here too please). I pull only a 12' landscape trailer with a mower on it. This is my daily driver. Thanks.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Snodog or Snoway for that truck.

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

most newer F150 can NOT have plows, only a few Models can.

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

He can still do a Western

5. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

Why would you send a boy out to do a man's job?

6. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Don't buy the Ecoboost, it's not worth it. I have it, it has a ton of power but the mpg is not what it's supposed to be. The 5.0 gets better mileage (I've driven both) and has the same power. It's a great truck but hook a trailer to it and I get 10mpg. I like the truck a lot better than my dodge that's for sure. Ford really makes a nice truck and puts a decent amount of options in an xlt, plenty for me. If I was buying again, I would opt for the 5.0 in the same configuration I have now. Good luck with your search.