1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

f150 help

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by dfdsuperduty, Sep 16, 2008.

1. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

As most of you from the chicagoland area know we have had some massive flooding going on well being the nice grandson that I am I went to get my grandma out of her house that now has waist deep water in her basement however in order to get there i had to drive thru some flooded roads. Now today as I leave to head back over to her house for the clean up process the truck is sputtering extremely bad until i hit about 35mph stops til i hit about 37 and then starts again service engine soon light came on where do I start any suggestions..... water I drove thru was maybe as high as the floor no water came in the truck???:help::help::help:
  2. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

if you have access to a code reader id hook it up asap and see what it says first, maybe run her to auto zone first. could have mess up some thing with the plug wires/coil packs sounds like its dropping cylinders on yea... id start with reading the codes first though, they will get you going in the right direction usually.
  3. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Can you check air filter to make sure it dry. And check oil for milky.

I say it could be spark plug wire or cop is wet cause misfire.

If it wet in airfilter that is huge problem it could suck water to cylinder then bent rod.

You will see why Ford won't replace this if it been in water.

My Dad have F250 but 4 or 5 years water was flood so he refused to go there but another guy with Ford F150 with 5.4L it was brand new went there 2 min it junk. Why water went in his engine bent 3 rods and he pay nearby $5,000 because dealer won't replace engine for warranty because it been void.

My Dad say you see why I won't drive that but he would drive if it was low than 1 to 2 foots. But that was 3 foot.
  4. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

turns out to be the #2 and #7 cycl. packs thanks for you help guys :drinkup::drinkup::drinkup: