1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F150 gawr 3600 ???

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Dispatch, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Dispatch

Dispatch Junior Member

I have a 2001 F150 and want to put A plow on it to do my lot, and make a few bucks. I inquired from local plow/hitch company and was told if I don't have FGAWR of 3900 or better, forget about putting on a plow. I've always had 3/4 ton plow trucks in the past so I'm in the dark here. if it can be done what would you recomend???????
  2. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

01s will run a 7'6" super duty boss plow pretty easy, lighter version is a 7'6" standard duty and we've run an 8' boss on it before too without problems, stock 03 suspension too.

we have torsien keys now for it but just so the front isnt too low when salt is low in back :)
  3. stainlessman

stainlessman Member

I think alot of F-150 owners put plows on them. I don't think a 8' or 9' would be a good idea, but I'm sure you'd be happy with a 71/2'.