1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F150 fx4 supercab, is there a meyer plow for my truck?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by TurnerLawn&Land, Nov 16, 2011.

1. TurnerLawn&Land

TurnerLawn&Land Junior Member

I have a 2004 f150 fx4 supercab, looking to get a plow, i know a 1/2 ton is not the truck you want to plow with, but that is what i have. i found a used meyer 7'6" plow, will this work or will my front end squat too much? Ideally i want a snoway but i cant find a used one.....any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

should handle 7.5 ft blade... i got 7.5 western with wings on my 1/2 ton 1998 chevy ext cab short bed it has no trouble

3. johnnysnok

johnnysnok Member

I have been plowing with my 1999 f-150 for 9 years with and without wings and have not had any problems.

DSC00279 (Large).jpg

4. weasel11

weasel11 Member
    from 5

It'll worh nicely

That's just fine and will have plenty of power. You can always put new shocks and even Timbrens on it if you want. I always take mine off if I'm not plowing as I hate to drive around with it on adding more stress to the truck.