1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F150 Fueling Problems

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by BAM-BAM, Jan 5, 2006.

1. BAM-BAM

BAM-BAM Junior Member
    from us

I have a Ford f-150 and I've been having a problem fueling my truck for the last 2 years approx. What happens is everytime I go to put gas in my truck the gas will not flow down the line properly. The pump will stop as if the tank was full and it's not. What should take me five minutes to fill up is taking me 15min. to 1/2hr. Can anyone help me with this problem?

2. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

More info plz, year and which tank - front of the rear wheel or behind it????

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Make sure all the vent holes around the filler nozzle are open. Most Fords have a small hose that the gas goes down and a larger hose around it the vents the displaced air. The vent hose may of collapsed of kinked or both of them. Someone may of tried to steal gas and left a hose stuck in it too.

4. DOGHOUSE

DOGHOUSE Member
    from Alaska

Ok I Have To Kinda Tell Ya Something. A Year Or So Ago I Got All Over This Teenage Kid For Thumping His Stereo System In Or Cul-de-sac. Well He Decided He Was Going To Get Me Back And So One Night He Stuck A Tampon In The Filler Neck And Shoved Her Down A Little Bit. Anyway Needless To Say It Took About A Month Or So For Me To Figure It Out. Took The Filler Off And There It Was. Just Maybe You Might Wanna Check.

5. BAM-BAM

BAM-BAM Junior Member
    from us

Thanks for the different ideas I will have to check them. The year of the truck which I forgot is 1997.

6. rembrandt100

rembrandt100 Member

I am not trying to be a smartass or anything like that but I have to ask. What ever made you think to look for a tampon in your gas tank?

Dave

7. MickiRig1

Well doghouse, I guess that would "Stop the Flow"

8. DOGHOUSE

DOGHOUSE Member
    from Alaska

Lmao
    I Wasn't Looking Specifically For The Tampon But Was Looking For Something That Was Restricting Me. Also Had An Older Water Truck That Previous Owner Lost The Gas Cap And Used A Rag To Stuff In The Filler Mouth.it Had Decayed So Badly That Pieces Had Come Off And Fallen Into The Tank. So I Would Drive Down The Road For 10 Mile Or So And The Truck Would Quit On Me. Another Good Thing To Watch Out For Are The Silver Seals On " Heet " Bottles. Sometimes You Get In A Hurry And Don't Take Them All The Way Off The Bottle And They Could Come Off And Go Into Your Tank.

9. rembrandt100

rembrandt100 Member

ok .........was just wondering. I do know that tampons can at time be very restricting.

Dave

10. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Was it new or used? YUCK!

11. MickiRig1

That is pretty bright of them to use one. It expands as it absorbers fluid.
    I would bet that anytime anyone has this problem someone has pissed someone off! I always buy a locking gas cap for my vehicles, I lost 3/4 of a tank once with a gas thief, I will not have it happen again!

12. careiter

careiter Junior Member

fueling problem

Had this problem on my f-250. Dealer replaced evaprative canister this helped but didnt cure brought it back and they replaced cannister solenoid prolem solved