1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

F150 fgawr boss plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Snow Removal PA, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Snow Removal PA

Snow Removal PA Junior Member

Not ideal, but I'm adding a Boss 7.6 plow to my F150 Super Crew. I'm gonna be servicing 20-30 residential driveways (average sized), and plan to charge approx $40 per push. FGAWR is 3600, Boss recommends 3750-3900 for that blade so I'm adding timbrens. I live outside of Philly, average about 21 ft & 3-5 plowable events. Will let customers decide if they want 1 or 2 in trigger. Just wanted to get your thoughts. Also, do you guys have a base, meaning if it snows 3 in (based on $40 per push) would you have something like a $50 minimum?

After talking to my pressure washing customers, it's not uncommon to pay $75-200 for a storm so that's what I'm basing my pricing on. I've done snow removal using a snow thrower, but never used a plow.

2. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

You have got some pretty good customers IMHO...I dont plow snow to get rich so i dont charge much but that seems like alot of money to be dishing out on snow plowing on their part. As far as the truck topic ive heard through the grape vine that the f150 are not rated for snowplows regardless of what the gross weight rating is in the front or not. Not sure if its true but i would look into it before i go mounting a snowplow to it...maybe someone else has better input then i do.

3. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

I think over the course of time that weight is going to be very hard on the front end.

4. R3Dside

R3Dside Member

timbrens rock, i just installed mine yesterday, and it reduced the front end sag by about 1/2.

5. steves06f150

steves06f150 Junior Member

Just put a new boss 7.6 on
    My 06 f150 handles it ok ur truck should b fine add timbrens or what I have a leveling
    Kit

6. KEC Maintaince

KEC Maintaince Senior Member
    from N.J.

are you installing the sport duty plow or standard duty plow..
    2 totally diffrent plows.
    if you are talking about the sport duty i would look at the fisher 7.6 steel plow compared to the sport duty
    if its the standard plow thats a nice plow wish i could mount one of them on my truck.

7. SnowPro11

SnowPro11 Member
    from KY

You do not have to plow snow to get "rich" but what's the problem with charging a fair price to keep someone safe and for them to have access to their driveway?
    We do not provide residential snow plowing but I would pay $40 no problem to have my driveway cleared...even if it does take 2 mins because it would take me an hour to shovel plus what about the risk involved in getting there?
    Think about this, does your electrician, plumber, dumpster or other service company charge you less than a service run fee because the tech was only there a short time? Not in my experience. I say charge a fair price and if someone complains then drop them. We have too much at risk during inclement weather.

8. SnowPro11

SnowPro11 Member
    from KY

I use to plow with an '06 F150 and it did fine. It was a lot of front end weight but make sure you get the right plow. A regular or super duty Boss may be too heavy but look at lighter options. Generally the only difference is a smaller moldboard. I had a 7.5ft Meyer that was rated for that truck and mine did great. Used it for a little over 2 years until I could upgrade. I still have the truck and it has 150K miles and still going strong.